If you want your Kitchen cabinets to look fresh and up to date, then paint your kitchen cabinets. You can get a professional kitchen cabinet painting company to do the job for you, at a fraction of the cost of replacing your cabinets, or if you’re into DIY and know what you’re doing, you can quite easily do it yourself.
Before you start, make sure you have the following;
• Drop Cloths
• Painters tape
• Chemical wood stripper or primer
• Paint (or stain)
• Paintbrushes or a high-volume, low pressure (HVLP) paint sprayer
Then get on with the job by following these simple steps:
• Spread a drop cloth on the floor and cover all counters.
• Use painters tape around plugs and hardware to avoid drips and spills
• Remove the cabinet doors and drawer faces
• Remove handles and hinges from the cabinet doors and store safely, along with the screws, if you plan to reuse them.
• Sand or strip the doors. This may take some time, but it is a necessary task.
• If you’re painting the cabinets a significantly lighter color, you will need to apply a coat of primer.
• Repair any small nicks, chips or cracks in the cabinets
• Paint or stain the cabinets, doors, and draw faces. Apply as many layers as you need to get a nice smooth finish and allow the paint or stain to dry between applications.
• When the paint is entirely dry, and not at all tacky, use a small brush to fix any nicks or blemishes
• Put the old hinges and handles back on or add something new and trendy.
• Reattach the cabinet doors and drawer faces.
And voila, you have a whole new kitchen.
If you know nothing about DIY and have never tackled a home improvement project by yourself before, then it is probably better to call in a reliable, professional kitchen cabinet painting company in to help you refinish your cabinets. But whether you opt for DIY or to hire an expert, it will still cost you a fraction of the price of replacing your cabinets.
“When deciding whether to do it yourself (DIY) or hire a professional cabinet painting company, make sure you get an estimate from a professional. The cost to get the job done right the first time will save you money in the long run.